Table of Contents
10 Reasons Why You Are Not Getting Job in Digital Marketing?
Hey guys don’t get upset if you are not getting job into Digital Marketing field.
Some of you might have completed digital marketing course, some of you are completed with Internship at a company but still not getting job.
There are some candidates who come to me saying they are done with 2 internship and still they are not getting any job into Digital marketing.
So why this is happing? Lets point is down
– if you don’t have any passion to do digital marketing field then leave it, as this is very dynamic and changing industry. You must have a passion for this industry don’t most of the beginners do it for the job.
– You have put so many things into your CV which you don’t know. As this field completely dynamic so you will get caught very easily as there will be situation based question with regards budgeting.
The WHY Question
– Why do you want to join/switch to the Digital Marketing field?As most of the people come into this field from Non IT background so interviewer will ask you this basic question and guess what you are not prepared for it.
– Almost 95% interns have done only organic posting they don’t have any experience on ad spend and strategy. Only handling social media pages by doing only posting will not give you any job. You must have paid media experience. Obliviously SMO is important but you should have paid media experience.
Fake Experience –
Guys stop this if you are doing it. You will get easily caught you can’t fake it until you do it. As most of the interview questions will be on strategy, planning and budgeting. So don’t do it.
The ABCD Approach –
Some of the candidate thinks digital marketing is very easy and anybody can do it. It’s an skill which we have to develop it by gaining experience. The person has a responsibility to generate revenue/money. Its not an easy task to get revenue out there in market
Read the JD –
Half of the students go blindly to the interview without reading job description. Don’t apply for jobs which don’t suits you, in fact learn the skill which you don’t have it.
– You don’t have any practical examples or stats to show the interviewer which supports your answer.
Over smart or causal approach
– As ad agency guys are very dynamic personalities so don’t show very casual approach or to arrogant approach like you know everything. As digital marketing is kind of ocean and you have just started to swim in it.
Do your Homework –
Before going to interview always do some ground research like who are thir client, who is the owner, in which segment they are working, since when the company started. In fact you can do their website seo audit in case if have to face such kind question. Check all their social media account and you tube channel (if they have it)
And apart from all of the above 50% students are now watch 4-5 YouTube videos and putting it on their resume.
One advice to all don’t buy some Rs.99 cheap video they will make fool of you as this industry requires practical training.
Now if you want to make Career into Digital Marketing the be serious about it and ask yourself whether you want to learn it by interest or choice.
If you have interest then there is no limit in this field.